7 reasons why we all need a personal trainer
7 reasons why we all need a personal trainer
Why is it that many people are still struggling to get into a workout routine that they can stick to? Why are they hitting plateaus that they can’t seem to get past? And unfortunately, why are they getting injured or living in pain?
THERE ARE MANY REASONS FOR THE PROBLEMS ABOVE, INCLUDING:
- Busy schedules
- Training without enough intensity
- Poor workout programming
- Past injuries
- Lack of motivation
- Confusion on where to start
- Confusion on how to continue
- And the list goes on and on……
It can make your head spin if you start thinking about it for too long.
While there are different solutions for different people and their individual situations, one of the most effective ways to ensure that you’re addressing ALL of the above mentioned issues (and more) is with the help of a personal trainer.
RECOUP prides itself on working only with the best, and our community can always rely on us when it comes to helping individuals achieve their health and fitness goals.
Whether someone wants to become stronger, lose weight, fix muscular imbalances, relieve pain, recover from an injury, or just feel better and blow off some steam, our personal trainers are equipped to handle the vast majority of the people in our great city of Costa Mesa.
With all of that said, many people aren’t clear on how having a personal trainer can actually benefit them not only now, but in the long run as well.
HERE ARE 7 WAYS A PERSONAL TRAINER WILL INCREASE AND CONTINUE YOUR PROGRESS IN WAYS YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO DO ON YOUR OWN.
- Accountability: For many, this is the #1 reason a Personal Trainer is helpful for them.
Your personal trainer is going to be your biggest fan in the gym. They’ll be waiting for you when you walk in — and disappointed when you don’t show up. They’ll be there to remind you of why you started should you begin to feel overwhelmed by the journey. They’ll also help you to stay on a schedule, make good choices at home, work, and in social situations, and be a sounding board for the struggles you’re facing. A personal trainer can be the rock to lean on in order to get you to your goals.
- Proper Form: Having a personal trainer beside you to demonstrate the correct posture and technique is invaluable. A personal trainer will ensure you are performing exercises correctly and efficiently, in order to maximize results. They say that the best way to keep moving as you age is to never stop, but if you get injured, you may be forced to. Make sure you’re working out in a safe and effective manner with the help of a personal trainer.
- Personalized Program: Everybody is different, and that means everyone’s abilities and requirements are different when it comes to exercise. Also, the body adapts and adjusts to what we task it with, and in order to continue making progress, it takes a high level of understanding of how the body, muscles, bones, tendons, ligaments, and even your brain work in order to see the results you’re looking for. It’s not one size fits all and learning how to work out in a way that allows you to not only progress, but is something you enjoy is an art form. In addition to this, RECOUP trainers use several tools to measure progress to always ensure that you’re on the right track.
- Outside Looking In: There’s a reason that even personal trainers have trainers. The best of the best have someone helping them through. When was the last time you saw a professional tennis player or an NBA Basketball team go at it alone with no coaching? Aren’t they the BEST in their sport? Of course they are, but they all have one thing in common (and you have it to). You are you. Life and this journey are seen through your lens, which is also fueled by emotions and feelings. You may see yourself differently than others see you. Because of this, having someone who knows your struggles and goals and is there to guide you to those goals is essential. Your trainer will also be able to help you identify imbalances and problems you are experiencing (sometimes unknowingly) and help you overcome them. They’ll be able to see what you don’t want to see. They’ll be able to push you when you don’t think you can. Having a third party help you determine whether or not you should be doing (or not doing) something is priceless in the success of your journey.
- Push You to Levels You Didn’t Know You Had: We all tend to have a threshold for what we can or can’t do. Sometimes that threshold is real, but more times than not, that threshold is set by us. Thinking we can’t lift a heavier weight. Convinced we couldn’t possibly do any more reps. We think we can’t do that exercise that looks so difficult. A personal trainer knows you and can see your potential further than you can. They know when to tell you to push out a few more reps, and conversely, they know when to tell you it’s time to stop. This goes for anyone from a beginner to a professional athlete. Our bodies want to be comfortable and so sometimes our minds will try to trick us into thinking we are “done”. Sometimes we are, but other times, it just takes a little outside force to help us push past those mental barriers and break through to new heights. THIS is where the magic starts to happen. Both physically, and mentally.
- Nutrition: Maybe you’ve heard us saying it before; “Nutrition is 80% of your results.” While most of us have a general idea about nutrition, you’d be surprised at what actually works to help you lose weight/build muscle/etc. versus what you read on the internet from the “health gurus”. Things like “carbs are bad, eat less to lose weight, and magical detox teas/cleanses”. These are gimmicks by in large, but can be pretty convincing, especially when we’re desperate to achieve a goal. The RECOUP Team can be the voice of reason to help you sift through the garbage and create a nutritional plan that allows you to enjoy your life while still making progress towards your goals. As professionals, we are constantly reading the real research to ensure that we know what’s been studied upon, proven, and actually works in the real world.
- More Than Fitness. As you can see, a workout journey goes much further than just the physical aspect. Your personal trainer is much more than just a fitness coach. They are your life coach, nutrition guide and encourager all in one, and without them your fitness goals are that much harder to achieve.
Don’t let intimidation hold you back! The benefits of personal training outweigh your fears by a long shot and can really help you achieve your fitness and health goals. At RECOUP, we are dedicated to maximize your fitness experience.
Good luck and happy training!